Vacancy Announcement from Search for Common Ground Nepal
1. Post: Design, Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
Based in Kathmandu
Search for Common Ground’s (SFCG) mission is to transform how individuals, organisations and governments deal with conflict – away from adversarial approaches, toward cooperative solutions. Headquartered in Brussels, Belgium with field offices in 18 countries, we design and implement multifaceted programmes that aim to resolve conflict and prevent violence. We seek to help conflicting parties to understand their differences and act on their commonalities.
Search for Common Ground Nepal is conducting peace building programs in 12 districts in Nepal. With our partners, we produce several radio programs including the soap opera, ‘Naya Bato Naya Paila’ which is broadcast on 25 FM stations and Radio Nepal. The Design, Monitoring and Evaluation (DM&E) Coordinator at SFCG Nepal manages the monitoring and evaluation of all SFCG programs and provides specific DM&E support to individual SFCG programs.
Summary of Post
The Design, Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator will be primarily responsible for coordinating the research, monitoring and evaluation of SFCG programs conducted in Nepal. He/she will report to the Director of Programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Manage monitoring of all SFCG and partner activities;
· Maintain a database to ensure all program outputs and results are accurately recorded;
· Provide support to partners to develop and implement monitoring system;
· Provide monthly reports on all activities and outcome indicators;
· Provide reports on activities for all donor reports;
· Provide timely and quality support and coaching to the different program heads to meet their specific DM&E needs;
· Conduct baseline research and follow up evaluations of peace building programs based on existing indicators;
· Participate in and contribute towards internal evaluation processes;
· Work with the DM&E Specialist based in Washington, DC in providing support and guidance to the different programs in the development and implementation of their M&E work plans;
· Be directly engaged in the continuing development of the organisation, its mission and its staff, through the sharing of experience and knowledge;
· Improve design and implementation of monitoring systems; and
· Do all other tasks as required.
Please note that the position-holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key duties.
Qualifications Required :
· High level of leadership skills; the candidate should be a self starter and should have initiative;
· Minimum Bachelor’s level degree in conflict resolution, international relations, a related social science field.
· 3 years’ applied experience in research and DM&E in conflict or development programs.
· Strong quantitative and qualitative research skills;
· Working knowledge of SPSS, Excel and other database programs.
· Strong methodological background and technical capacity to provide support and guidance to project staff on design, monitoring and evaluation
· Knowledge of logical framework and results framework planning and evaluation methodologies and the ability to coach and train others in their use
· Excellent command of Nepali and English (written & oral)
· 2 years’ operational experience in peace building /conflict resolution
· Knowledge of the use of behaviour change communications and media.
· Masters Degree in related field.
Salary: Negotiable upon qualifications and work experience.
TO APPLY: Please send a letter of application highlighting your relevant experience and appropriateness for the job, resume (maximum 5 pages) and salary expectations to email@example.com
Application must be received by January 8th 2008
2. Post: Media Coach
Search for Common Ground’s (SFCG) mission is to transform how individuals, organizations, and governments deal with conflict – away from adversarial approaches and toward cooperative solutions. SFCG has been working in Nepal since February 2006.
Summary of Position
The Media Coach will work with the SFCG Media team to build the capacity of FM stations in using the radio for peace building. Specifically, the coach will be responsible for working directly with FM stations who are participating in the SFCG Radio for Peace building Training Program, coaching the participants in how to apply the tools and techniques they have learned, and supporting them in production of programs. The position requires a lot of travel to the field to work with the FM stations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
· To work with the SFCG Media Manager and Media Coordinator to implement the 1 year training program for FM stations on Radio for Peace building.
· To build the capacity of FM stations throughout Nepal in how to use radio for peace building.
· To coach FM producers in application of peace building techniques and provide constructive feedback on their programming.
· To work with SFCGs media partners in developing content with common ground approach.
· Bachelors degree in related field;
· 5 years experience in Radio Production
· Demonstrated ability to build relationships and networks with people and organizations coming from across geographical, caste, ethnic, and political lines;
· Dynamic, creative and entrepreneurial work style;
· Experience in facilitation / training/ coaching.
· Understanding of conflict issues / conflict transformation
· Networks with key players in the radio field in Nepal
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team, to meet deadlines.
· Fluency in spoken and written English
· Fluency in one additional language used in Nepal
Application Deadline: 8th January 2008
Send CV and one-page cover letter in English describing why you are qualified for this position, your relevant qualifications and experience, your reason for wanting the job, and salary expectations. Please submit all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org . Women and people from traditionally marginalized groups are encouraged to apply.